Monday, December 10, 2012

REVELATIONS 11


Just for the record, we have not just skipped over Chapters 9-10, but the Holy Spirit has suggested that the material is meaningless, so there did not seem to be much sense in talking about it. (God knows I've talked about meaningless stuff for years.)


The theme of this chapter is about becoming more aware of the true desire of the heart, and continuing to focus on that desire.

Until this point we have depended on the true desire of the heart to be like the fuel for our journey back to the awareness of Oneness. Eventually we will all come to this awareness, but we can speed up the process by being more consciously aware of this desire. (which can be expressed in many ways--desire for Peace, Unconditional Love, Joy, Wisdom, Oneness, etc.).

As you go into the quiet, notice what you are drawn to. This is how you measure how much the true desire of your heart is in you conscious awareness.

Right now, I close my eyes, and open myself up to God at this moment, and instead of God and Light I see images of guitars dancing in my head. I am attached to having a new guitar (which I don't need), and the need is taking up a lot of "headroom."

Now what I am being asked to do here is, "Do not deny that resistance still worships at the inner chamber of the heart." (v7) I do not want to deny, condemn, or even fight with my resistance and distractions. Just simply realize they are there and let them go.

I can learn form my obsession. It is simply an illusion created by the mind that says, "Buy this, get that, do this, and you will be happy, at peace, etc."

See, the true desire of my heart is still there, my mind decided that the desire of my heart could be taken care of with a new guitar.
Focus on the desire for peace, happiness, etc.

Another piece to all this is that I continue to try and do this work all by myself. (v13) Reminds me that:
"The two witnesses represent the joint Will of the Holy Spirit and the Son of God(you/me)."

How often I forget that one.

Jack ended class on Sunday by offering us a very profound truth: we spend years of time and millions of dollars, reading books, attending workshops, etc. and still find ourselves yearning for enlightenment.

It is time to acknowledge what we profess to already know, that the "kingdom of heaven is within you." This is  not a feeling or a thought, it is an acknowledgment of the Truth.

Acknowledge this truth every time you might think of it,  no matter how you might feel or what the circumstances. 

This Truth is always true. This Truth is always here. This Truth is who you are.




No comments:

Post a Comment