Wednesday, March 14, 2012

REFLECTIONS ON EPHESIANS

Two thoughts summed up Ephesians for me:
  1. From the vision you hold of yourself comes your creation.
I can hold onto my negative thinking about myself as long as I want. It is familiar, somewhat comfortable, and my ego would certainly like to belive it is true. My beliefs in inadequacy, not enougnhness, etc. are what fuels the ego and make it seem real.
But now I am not only offered the choice to release that thinking, I am also offered the compelling questions, "How long do I need to do this: am I not finished with this one yet?
I might not enter into the realm of bliss of unconditional love, but cannot I work on believing it is true?
  1. Who are you?
Who do you perceive yourself to be?
Whatever that is that is what you are giving out and that is what is returning to you.
Don’t like it? You can choose differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment