Monday, October 1, 2012

REVELATIONS CHAPTER 3


Chapter 3

The Message here is “Wake Up!” But as I mentioned before it is not about waking up and being frightened or guilty. I is about waking up to the Truth you already know: you are theSon of the God, the Christ. The Prodigal Son never left home(only in his mind, because you can never leave the Father’s unconditional love--you can pretend, you can forget, but that does not detract from Truth that IS.

There is a great line in this chapter about thinking that you are the “greatest sinner of all time.” I was reminded of that old definition of an alcoholic--an egomaniac with an inferiority complex.”


I really get tweeked when I read passages such as v. 11-13 telling me that  joy, peace, etc. are right around the corner. When I here messages like that I find myself waiting for something to happen. OK, God, I’ ready for the joy now, and then nothing happens. What I miss is that this is not a passive trip, there is work to be done. 
In its simplest form the work is described in (14_22) v.3 But when you have left these beliefs behind as tiny wisps of air that are not noticed, you shall see the world differently. P.466


No comments:

Post a Comment